General Manager – Produce Operations
Job ID: GMPO
Location: Yuma, AZ
Degree: 4 year degree preferred
Salary: $100,000 – $110,000
The General Manager is an important and integral position to the success of the company. The General Manager is expected to demonstrate keen decision-making abilities in the areas of technical expertise and people management in all aspects of plant operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following and additional duties may be assigned.
- · Oversees the following departments within the processing facility; production, maintenance, engineering, shipping, receiving, warehouse, supplies, raw product, etc.
- · Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- · Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- · Responsibility for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- · Develop maintenance procedures, ensure implementation and carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues.
- · Manage relationships with contractors and service providers all while maintaining control of expenses and staying within budget.
- · Manages all costs, for their departments, on an ongoing basis and meets labor target.
- · Meets Overtime expense target through continuous improvement steps.
- · Ensure that company policies are transmitted effectively to all employees working within assigned departments, and that they are administered fairly and consistently.
- · Ensures a safe and healthy atmosphere for employees, customers, vendors and visitors.
- · Provide the leadership, direction and motivation to all direct employees.
- · Participate in meetings, conferences, organizations or events, which will enhance the public visibility and further the interests of client names.
- · Ensure performance evaluations for management personnel are completed in a timely manner.
- · Understand and strive to exceed business expectations.
- · Ensure that all senior management are provided with written functional descriptions of their responsibilities, duties, and authority. Promote the concepts of “participative” management and the search for “continual improvement” regarding customer satisfaction with emphasis on quality services.
- · Perform any other duties in the best interest of the company, or as may be assigned by the Church Brothers C.E.O.
- · Prepares reports requested by the President in an accurate and timely manner.
- · Long and short range planning of production needs.
- · Labor cost management including minimizing overtime expense.
- · Adherence to Quality Assurance and Quality Control Policies.
- · Documentation of specific issues regarding equipment repair requests.
- · Direction of employees on an as needed basis.
- · Provide ongoing recommendations to the President regarding process improvement and cost savings measures.
- · Performs those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the departments, including provision for the selection and development of employees, pay administration, budget administration, employee counseling and motivation, organization goals and objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the departments.
Manages 4-5 subordinate. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Relations, or related areas.
· A minimum of eight years in a produce processing plant or similar industry. Two year proven track record in a produce processing production environment with respect to managing labor costs to target.
· Excellent planning, organizational, analytical, leadership, oral and written communication skills.
· Must be bilingual and biliterate in English and Spanish.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
· Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
· Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), web-based applications, Famous software knowledge strongly preferred.
· Familiar with industry standard equipment and technical expertise.
· Must be willing and able to travel to the various operations of the Company including but not limited to Arizona, Imperial Valley, the Central Valley of California, and Northern/Central Mexico as needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply, please email email@example.com