Chemical Operator ░a highly Preferred Employer░
Job ID: COmechanical
Location: Midland, KS
Degree: not required
Salary: $38,400 – $52,750
$38,400 – $52,750
Annualized from an hourly rate
We are a specialty chemical producer searching for a Chemical Operator who possesses a solid understanding of mechanics. The Chemical Operator can expect to work as an integral part of the production team and may be responsible for retrieving, weighing, and mixing chemical ingredients, monitoring equipment during the chemical process, repairing machinery if problems arise, recording information about equipment and compounds, and assisting in the planning and improvement of processes or products. They will also be expected to comply with all company, local, state, and federal safety and quality regulations and report any concerns, violations, or accidents.
To be successful as a Chemical Operator, you should have a mechanical aptitude and enjoy working with mechanical processes. The ideal candidate will be attentive, knowledgeable, and have a desire to work with other production team members to develop the best processes and products.
If you have a mechanical aptitude then previous chemical processing experience is not required.
Chemical Operator Responsibilities:
- Operate Machinery, retrieving, mixing, and monitoring chemicals used in the production process and make needed adjustments to the process.
- Troubleshooting issues with production equipment and processes.
- Observing all company, local, state, and federal safety and quality regulations.
- Reporting accidents, safety violations, or other concerns.
- Observe and record data from instrument panels.
- Assisting in planning and improving processes and product quality.
- Working with other team members to complete the production process.
- Meeting physical requirements of the position, including walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods, lifting heavy objects, climbing, crouching, operating tools, and wearing safety gear.
- Additional duties include driving a fork truck, dumping recycle, assisting other operators, clean-up, moving material from the warehouse and other duties as needed.
Chemical Operator Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Aptitude for mechanics.
- Current Driver’s license.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A desire to work with team members to improve processes and product quality in a fast-paced, physically demanding environment.
- Willingness to comply with safety and quality regulations, including wearing protective gear when necessary.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more.
- Ability to work rotating shifts
- Ability to word shifts
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to complete new-hire training and testing (written & performance)
- Ability to learn new duties and progress to chemical operator level
- Strong safety background/orientation
- Ability to safely exit out of the plant in the event of an emergency
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org